WHAT IS HSC NEXT?
We understand innovation
HSC Next is a team at The University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth. We advance solutions for a healthier community by guiding innovators to success. Our work is focused on filling the innovation pipeline and building a more robust innovation ecosystem. We invite you to Be Curious with us. Together we'll create new opportunities, inspire innovation and celebrate your success.
Filling the Innovation Pipeline
Our community is rich with innovators: students with great ideas, researchers with new inventions and entrepreneurs building the next tech startups. We help clients like these navigate development challenges and capitalize on opportunities.
Join us in activities like these:
- Participating in an Innovation Challenges – Our Innovation Challenges provide opportunities for HSC staff, faculty and students to share ideas and seek proof-of-concept funding for solutions to unmet health care needs.
- Submitting an innovation disclosure – Inventors and creators at HSC can disclose inventions and creations arising from their work at HSC.
- Incubating your company in lab space – The Innovation Labs provide access to lab space, equipment and other assets for growing life science startups.
- Pursuing non-dilutive funding – Our SBIR Phase 0 program assists local small businesses in applying for nondilutive federal funding.
Building a Stronger Innovation Ecosystems
A robust innovation ecosystem is a key success factor for innovators and entrepreneurs. We collaborate with regional partners to enhance environments, cultures and mindsets that lead to innovator success.
Let us help you connect, create and grow by:
- Listening to a success story – Our Innovate Fort Worth podcast highlights local innovators and startups.
- Finding the resource you need – The digital platform, Sparkyard, is an online too for entrepreneurial resources and services.
- Attending a Yard Party – Network with entrepreneurs and ecosystem stakeholders at this monthly meet-up.
- Partnering with an accelerator – Whether you are a mentor or an entrepreneur, collaborate on Physical Health with North Texas's only Techstars Accelerator program.